TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BUYING FROM OUR ONLINE SHOP
When making a purchase from the online shop via Edinburgh University Students' Association for any product from www.shop.eusa.ed.ac.uk. payments will be processed through PayPal. PayPal is duly licensed in Luxembourg as a bank (or “credit institution” in legal terms) and is under the prudential supervision of the Luxembourg financial regulatory authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier or CSSF. All payments are made to Edinburgh University Students’ Association and will appear on your bill as "EUSA Online Payment".
Edinburgh University Students' Association does not store credit card details and uses industry standard SSL encryption to ensure the safety of your data.
All payments are made in a live environment - upon clicking 'Pay Now', your credit or debit card will be billed with the agreed amount and your order will be immediately processed.
Once your order has been completed, you should receive a confirmation email from EUSA No Reply Apps <firstname.lastname@example.org>
These terms shall be governed by Scottish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts. Nothing in these terms shall exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Wristbands remain the property of the Students’ Association,which may be withdrawn and admission refused at any time. Inappropriate, violent or aggressive behaviour towards staff and/or patrons may result in refusal of entry.
- Wristbands are non-refundable and may only be considered for refund under exceptional circumstances after discussion with email@example.com Mistakenly purchased Wristbands will not be refunded – it is the purchaser’s responsibility to check the details of any tickets purchased to ensure the ticket is for the correct event at the correct time and location.
- While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur.
If we discover an error in the price of Wristbands you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price (and credit or debit your account as applicable) or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, you agree that we may treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel after you have already paid the incorrect ticket price for the tickets, you will receive a full refund from the Students’ Association.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event.
If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify wristband holders of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that wristband holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- Unlawful resale (or attempted unlawful resale) of a wristband is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that wristband without refund or other compensation.
A wristband shall not be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweep stakes, unless formal written permission is given by the Students’ Association.
- The Students’ Association reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the venue. The Students’ Association may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
- Every effort to admit late comers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- We will not be responsible for any Wristbands that are lost or stolen.
- Wristbands are sold subject to Students’ Association’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited. Tapes, photos or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patron’s own food and drink may also be prohibited (please check with venue).
- Students’ Association accept no responsibility for any personal property.
- By purchasing a ticket all wristband holders consent to the filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience.
- Edinburgh University Students' Association shall not have any further liability beyond the face value of the Wristband purchased.
Each item will be charged at the stated price plus the appropriate P&P cost as detailed on the website (where applicable) and all promotional material, relative to the postage destination. A receipt email will be sent upon completion of your order.
Please check all details – if there is anything missing from your order or any details are incorrect, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The charges for postage and packaging are added to the cost of the item and are necessary for us to dispatch your garment to you. Items sold to non-UK addresses will be available for collection from the Students' Association shop in Potterrow only.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
You have the right to cancel the purchase of an item bought online (excluding Wristbands) for any reason within 14 days of delivery. To cancel a purchase contact email@example.com
After this period if you have a genuine reason for wanting to return your item, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, or call 0131 650 2656 explaining the reasons why the garment is to be returned. Your item must be returned unworn and in the original packaging.
You must pay for the cost of the return, it must be sent by recorded delivery and you should keep your receipt as proof of postage. We will not accept returns in the following cases:
- The garment has been worn (unless there is a provable quality issue)
- The garment has been proven to be deliberately damaged
- The garment doesn’t fit – full size details are available on the website and we will only refund in specific circumstances and if the criteria above are met (i.e. has not been worn and is returned in its original packaging)
- The garment is the wrong colour – you are liable for the colour selection you make, and we keep a copy of your order to confirm your selection
- The garment is unwanted – we will only refund this if the garment meets the criteria set out above (i.e. has not been worn and is returned in its original packaging and has not been personalised)
We respect any personal information given to us and undertake to comply with all data protection legislation currently in force. We do not disclose personal information to any third party without your permission. Please read our privacy notice for more information, which can be found here: www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/privacynotice
For further information about the steps taken by PayPal to secure your transaction, visit www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
While Edinburgh University Students' Association has used reasonable endeavours to ensure that all information or data contained in the Online Shop is correct, accurate and reliable, it disclaims all representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Online Shop or to the information, content, products or services included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose, other than to the extent to which the same shall be protected by law.
Edinburgh University Students' Association is not a Credit Broker. Edinburgh University Students' Association operates under Scottish law and is subject to the Jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts. In no circumstances, other than to the extent unavoidable at law, shall Edinburgh University Students' Association, or any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, costs or damage howsoever arising suffered as a result of the use of this web site or the information, content or products contained or referred to herein.
Edinburgh University Students' Association cannot ensure that the Online Shop is compatible with every kind of browser or system, but it will try to help users should problems arise. Use the contact details above for assistance. By using website www.shop.eusa.ed.ac.uk, you signify your agreement to be bound by the conditions listed on this site.
Edinburgh University Students' Association is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015800.